April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month
Why the Pinwheel:
The Pinwheel has been adopted nationally as a symbol of child abuse/neglect prevention. It symbolizes the stable, healthy and protected childhood all children deserve. Pinwheels and pinwheel gardens help to create awareness of the issue and of the role all of us can and should play in insuring the development and growth of all children. Shining in the sun, the pinwheel is reflective of the bright future all children deserve.
During the month of April, we invite you to use the pinwheel to show your support for children and families in our community.
We need your help during Child Abuse Prevention Month.
With your help, we can increase awareness and promote a community conversation about child abuse prevention. Please feel free to use these resources on your personal and organizational social media platforms.
- Spread this message via Twitter, Facebook, your blog or other preferred social media sites.
- Make sure to check out our Facebook and Twitter profiles for updates.
- Use #PassthePinwheel – Take a “selfie” with a Pinwheel provided by Sunflower CASA or use our downloadable pinwheel and tag your friends to #PassThePinwheel for child abuse prevention.
- Let us know what simple steps you’re taking this April to promote great childhoods in your community. Share your actions with us on social media!
Twitter Hashtags: #PassThePinwheel #CASA #StopAbuse
#PassThePinwheel Profile Pic
#PassThePinwheel Cover Photo
Sample Facebook Posts:
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month, a time to recognize that we each play a part in promoting the social and emotional well-being of children and families in our communities. Learn more about our local efforts for child advocacy and abuse prevention at www.SunflowerCASA.org
Raise awareness about the importance of child abuse prevention. Take a selfie with a Pinwheel for Prevention and use hashtag #PassthePinwheel to support child abuse prevention.
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month.Take a selfie with a Pinwheel - Bring Awarness to Child abuse #PassthePinwheel
- Help promote the social and emotional well-being of children & families with @SunflowerCASA & #PassThePinwheel