CASA volunteers are required to complete 6 hours of continuing education training each year after the year they are certified. Sunflower CASA Project offers monthly in-service opportunities to help volunteers complete their hours. In-service opportunities include guest speakers, CASA book club, CASA movie night, CASA Lunch Bunch, and CASA Coffee Club.
In addition to attending an event hosted by Sunflower CASA Project, volunteers can independently complete in-service hours. Here is a list of independent in-service opportunities:
- Check out a book from the CASA Office or from the National CASA Association’s recommended reading list, read it, and write a reflection (6 hours)
- Listen to a National CASA podcast and write a reflection (length of podcast plus one hour for writing reflection)
- Watch a movie or TV show about a topic relevant to your work as a CASA and write a reflection (length of the movie or TV show plus one hour for writing reflection) – click here to view our recommended movie list
- Turn in your syllabus from a college class that covers topics relevant to your work as a CASA (6 hours)
- Submit your agenda from a workshop or training that covers topics relevant to your work as a CASA (length or workshop or training)